There are many reasons people wear sunglasses. Fashion is clearly one of the main reasons and with a multitude of shapes and styles, one could wear a different pair for every occasion. People also wear sunglasses for protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
According to the American Optometric Association, “you should always wear sunglasses during the daylight hours for the following reasons:
- They protect your eyes against the sun’s UV rays, which could cause cataracts.
- They protect against “blue light” from the solar spectrum, which could increase your risk of macular degeneration.
- The lead to improved and more comfortable vision from not having to squint.
- The can make it easier to adapter to darkness. Exposure to bright light can make it more difficult to adjust to driving at night.
Here are a few more reasons to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
Also known as surfer’s eye, pterygium is a growth on the eyeball itself. It’s usually not serious, but it can be painful and annoying. Eye drops, steroids and surgery (in advanced cases) are the most common treatments.
But the best treatment, of course, is prevention. Doctors recommend wraparound sunglasses with UV protection, especially on cloudy days when the sun isn’t visible but its UV rays can still damage the eyes.
Protection from the Elements
The sun isn’t the only thing that can damage your eyes. Spending time outdoors, puts you at additional risk of damage from sand, dust, wind and even snow.
You might be surprised to know that spending time in the snow can be very damaging to your eyes. Snow reflects 80% of UV rays from the sun and can cause a condition known as snow blindness, where glare from the sun actually burns the cornea If you’re skiing, climbing snowy mountains or spending time in the snow (at any time of year), wear sunglasses. Make sure they cover and protect the bottom of your eyes, because of the reflective nature of the snow.
Getting sand in your eyes can be very painful and dangerous. Tiny grains of sand can actually scratch your eye and can cause permanent damage. Sunglasses that fully cover your eyes are a great way to keep sand out.
Wind & Dust
Spending a lot of time in windy, dusty areas can irritate and damage your eyes. Again, the best way to protect yourself is by wearing sunglasses that keep your eyes safe from the elements.
Promote Healing & Recovery
If you’ve had LASIK or PRK surgery to correct your vision, you should be extra sure to wear sunglasses. Your doctor may recommend a pair for you to wear immediately after the procedure, but continuing to wear sunglasses can protect your eyes as they heal and as you adjust to your new vision.
Corrective surgeries are commonplace, but with improper post-surgical care, there can be complications. Avoid them by following your doctor’s orders and wearing sunglasses to protect your newly restored vision.
If you’ve had cataract surgery, eyelid repair, or another procedure to correct your vision, you’ll also benefit from wearing protective sunglasses. Ask your doctor for his or her opinion and recommendations.
Fewer Headaches & Migraines: You’ll be More Comfortable
Bright sunlight can be a trigger for migraines and bad headaches. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce both the frequency and intensity of these painful occurrences. And even if you’re not a headache or migraine sufferer, wearing sunglasses when out in the sun can help reduce eyestrain and fatigue, meaning that you’ll just be more comfortable and enjoy your time outdoors even more.
Wearing Sunglasses for Fashion
Almost every person you know from the entertainment and sports world will at some time make a statement with the Sunglasses they wear. Here is just a few trends from 2017.
You don’t have to be a movie star to enjoy wearing sunglasses which allows you to display you individualism. You should choose your sunglasses to fit your face. Here is a nice video from a few years ago that helps.
Now that you have the right style, you need to choose a brand. Obviously these are the tried and true brands we all know. We will explore some exciting new styles and brands that may be a little less familiar but, ones that are breaking new ground in style and materials.
- Dolce and Gabbana. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana came together to form the brand Dolce and Gabbana. It was of the best known brands but has a price tag to match.
- Versace. Versace in another Italian brand that we all know but may not fit everyone’s budget.
- Burberry. Burberry is a British brand which is know for it’s stylish and stunning collection of fashion accessories.
- Prada. Prada is one of the most popular luxury brands. It is certainly a luxury brand.
- Emporio Armani. Again another Italian brand that has made the list.
- Gucci. Gucci is one of the most well know brands in the world. Another big price tag.
- Fendi. A brand not as well known as the others but belongs on the list.
- Ray Ban. Ray Ban may be the most loved brand of sunglasses in the world. A favorite of young and old alike.
- Maui Jim. This is an American brand based in Hawaii.
- Oakley. Oakley could be the best and most popular brands in the world.
EarthShade is a new company making a splash in the world of Sunglasses Fashion. Offering a high quality wooden and Titanium sunglasses for both women and men, inspired by the timeless Wayfarer and other styles.
Wooden sunglasses are becoming very popular because of their lightweight feel which is both fashionable and functional. They are unique and offered in a variety of styles and colors.
Also offered in a hybrid combination of both wood and titanium, these sunglasses are not only stylish but extremely comfortable as well. People are amazed at the variety of styles and prices offered by this brand. EarthShade Sunglasses are on a path to become as well known as some of the brands listed above. With worldwide sells and a very affordable price point is making EarthShade Sunglasses hard to ignore.
Stay tuned for part two next month when we will see EarthShade Sunglasses as part of a commercial video shoot for some of the worlds most popular products.